YOUR BIG IDEA COULD WIN YOU $1000
It could be…
- A cool idea for a new business or product
- A clever way to solve an existing problem
- A creative project to benefit your community or school.
The only limit is your imagination.
If you've been toying around with an idea or you've already developed a product, service or solution you'd be crazy not to enter the Hunter Young Business Mind Awards.
This is an opportunity for you to...
- Test your ideas
- Maybe win some cash
- Start making those important connections which will help you take your idea or business further and even help you after you finish school.
Any student attending a public or private educational institution in the Newcastle and Hunter Region.
- Primary schools
- Secondary schools
- UON (< 25 years of age)
Categories 1st Prize 2nd Prize
Student PRIMARY $1,000 $500
Student SECONDARY $1,000 $500
TAFE/RTO’s (Tertiary) $1,000 $500
University (< 25 years of age) $1,000 $500
These awards acknowledge the efforts of our region’s primary and secondary school teachers and principals to prepare students for the future.
We’re looking for the best learning experience encouraging creativity, innovation or entrepreneurialism in students.
1st Prize Goods to the value of $3,000
2nd Prize Goods to the value of $2,000
3rd Prize Goods to the value of $1,000
Goods proudly supplied by the Hunter Harvey Norman Stores.
Individual Student/Group Category
To be eligible to enter the HYBMA individual/group category, you must:
- Be a student at a school, TAFE or RTO within the Hunter Region.
- Have permission of a parent or caregiver if under 18 years of age.
- Be under 25 years of age if entering the Uni, TAFE or RTO categories.
To be eligible to enter the HYMBA School/Class category the entry must:
- Be from either a public or independent school within the Hunter Region.
- Clearly show student participation.
- Have permission of the school principal to enter.
- Register our interest by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the name of your school/educational institution and the category you wish to enter.
- We'll then send you the awards information pack and an online entry form.
- Complete and submit the entry form along with your video.
- Send a link to your video* to email@example.com
* You can upload your video to You Tube or any file sharing platform e.g. Dropbox, Google Drive, then send us the link.
All video entries are judged by a panel of subject matter experts, selected at the sole discretion of the HYBMA Management Committee from subject matter experts or practitioners in the category areas.
Judges are required to sign a confidentiality agreement and disclose any conflict of interest.
Entries open – June 3, 2019
Entries close - 5pm September 27, 2019
Judging commences - September 30, 2019
Awards Night - November 7, 2019
We want to make it as easy as possible for students, schools and classes to participate in 2019 Hunter Young Business Mind Awards.
To participate in the Hunter Young Business Mind awards you'll need to adhere to a few things that we outline in the Terms and Conditions page of our website.
As with any fair competition, if you don’t comply with these terms, we have the right to disqualify you or declare your entry ineligible.
Please make sure you read and understand the information on this page before submitting your entry.