If you've been toying around with an idea or you've already developed a product, service or solution you'd be crazy not to grab the camera and enter the Hunter Young Business Mind Awards program.
The Hunter Young Business Mind Awards is an opportunity for you to not only test your ideas and win some cash but also start making those important connections which will help you take your idea or businesses further and even help you after you finish school.
Student / Group Award Categories
For a student or group of students, to be eligible to enter the Hunter Young Business Mind Awards for Best creative thinking for a business idea or an existing business run by a student in:
- Creative Industries
- Social Enterprise, and
- Young Indigenous Entrepreneur
the applicant(s) must:
- Attend either a public or independent school within the Hunter Region, as defined by the NSW State Government;
- Be within the Years 5 through 12; and
- Have permission of a parent or caregiver.
School & Classroom Awards
For schools and/or classrooms to enter best Learning Experience for innovation, creativity or entrepreneurialism, the school or classroom must be:
- Either a public or independent school within the Hunter Region, as defined by the NSW State Government; and
- Have permission of the school principal to enter.
Entries to the Hunter Young Business Mind Awards will open on 23 August 2018 and close at 5pm on 10 November 2018.
- Register your interest to enter the Hunter Young Business Mind Awards by completing the 'Request Awards Information Pack' on the Hunter Young Business Mind Awards website.
- You will receive the awards information pack which will help you get ready to get your awards application in.
- In your information pack you will be given instructions on how to upload your 2-minute pitch video for which you will be judged on.
All video entries are judged by a panel of subject matter experts, selected at the sole discretion of the HYBMA Management Committee from subject matter experts or practitioners in the areas STEM, Creative Industries Social Enterprise and Business.
Judges are required to sign a confidentiality agreement and disclose any conflict of interest.
We want to make it as easy as possible for students, schools and classes to in eth Hunter Young Business Mind Awards
To participate in the Hunter Young Business Mind awards you'll need to adhere to a few things that we outline ‘terms and conditions’ which cover off on things like:
- How to enter
- Entry requirements
- Opening and closing dates
- Confidentiality, Privacy & IP
- Promotion and Sponsorship
- Awards, and
As with any fair competition, if you don’t comply with these terms, we have the right to disqualify you or declare your entry ineligible so it’s important to take note of these terms.